Green Design Innovation is pleased to announce the opening of our second location in Naples, Florida. Distinguished homeowners and builders who have come to rely on Green Design Innovation will receive the same team approach and quality service that have experienced in Pittsburgh. They can rest assured that those same qualities will follow through to the new construction, renovation and interior design projects in Naples, Florida and the surrounding communities such as Marco Island, Ft. Myers and Bonita Springs.
Here are some southern living trends that we’re seeing:
- Gray is a popular home color as it provides versatility in contrast without being too overbearing. With the various shades of gray you can be bold or subtle.
The mentality of “less is more” is being seen in sleek, modern contemporary kitchens and bathrooms. Even with this mindset, homeowners are still wanting style, simplicity and function.
- Bathroom remodeling is shifting from the luxury tubs, which take up more livable space, and converting that space into walk-in tiled showers with a privacy partition. In addition, this design shift allows for universal design concepts to provide a zero step entry into the shower. Unique tiling pattern and subtle lighting can be one of the biggest ROI boosters in the home.
- Mix some metal. The matte and brushed satin finishes are especially redeeming in something like a nickel showerhead or faucet. Mixing metals such as copper, silver and brass is this year’s popular metal trend, and can be seen in lighting and fixtures, as well as cabinets and counter tops.
- Efficiently designed home plans are making use of every inch of space and incorporate open layouts, outdoor living spaces and specialized storage spaces. These storage areas are in targeted areas of the home and create a built-in storage to store everything. Less space, less cleaning and more time to enjoy family and friends.
- Outdoor living space incorporates covered porches and lanais to make it easy to enjoy the outdoors while staying comfortable even with the Florida afternoon rain showers.
- As a LEED Interior Designer, Green Design Innovation incorporates Energy-efficient and “green” features into our projects wherever possible. Things such as: Low-E windows deflect heat from entering your home, foam block insulation provides a heat barrier in your walls, and R-30 ceiling insulation and Radiant Barrier provide an insulating shield at the roof and ceiling, working together to keep your home cool and lower energy costs.
As the fall and winter seasons approach and people with winter homes prepare to migrate toward warmer weather, it may be time to give your winter home an upgrade. From Pittsburgh to Florida and Paris, Green Design Innovation and their team of experts can help you to create the home of your dreams.
About the author: Catherine Montague is the president of Green Design Innovation and recipient of the 2014 Best of Houzz Award. Green Design Innovation is a full service design firm and providing an International Approach to Interior Design offering an array of residential and commercial interior design services. Core areas of services include: Interior Design, Real Estate Staging & Move-in services, Color Consultation and International Shopping. We are located in Sewickley near Pittsburgh serving our clients in Naples, FL and Paris or wherever they are.